Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Dior Exhibition at Harrods

Today I visited the Dior exhibition on at Harrod's and took as many pictures as I could, as usual. I had been meaning to see the exhibition for a while, however due to it being reserved for so many events and private parties it was hard to find a time when it actually became available to the public. It was certainly worth the wait though, even if it did mean me getting lost in Harrod's a repeated amount of times.

 As soon as I entered the showroom I was greeted by dollhouse like windows, some closed, some with silhouetted figures and some with individual miniature rooms, displaying the perfume in an unusual yet artistic format. I then went from room to room fascinated by every single garment on display, taking me on a journey from the start of Dior's glamourous and historic career to current day. This included the well known perfumes, costumes used for the advertisements, the iconic handbag and miniature replicas of his Haute Couture pieces, alongside bigger ones worn by stars as big as Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn and more. My favourite piece by far however was the Audrey Hepburn evening dress in white, embroidered with silver sequins, pictured on the bottom image to the left, which she wore for Harper's Bazaar in 1959, if only it were mine! 

I really didn't want to leave this exhibition and I recommend visiting if you're down in London anytime soon as it won't be here forever, just make sure if you've never been to Harrod's before to not get lost like me!