Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Lunch with the Girls

So me and the girls have planned a lovely catch up over lunch this week and I thought I'd be prepared and plan my outfit in advance of the occasion, hope you guys like.
I know floral patterns are often associated with summer/spring, however I feel that the greyscale tone of the print can make this jacket work for this season also. I've been looking for a floral jacket everywhere recently, but they have always seemed to bright for me, so as soon as I saw this one I instantly fell in love. I matched the blazer up with a high neck crop top as I felt it would show the necklace off against a solid black background.

Normally I'm not a fan of crop tops personally as I'm quite self-conscious about my stomach area, but to combat this issue, I invested in my first pair of high-waisted jeans from Topshop's new 'Joni' range. I've worn jeans in the past but never felt comfortable in them and ended up not wearing them, living in only leggings and skirts. I can safely say however, these jeans are incredible as they hide my stomach area without restricting me and I would recommend strongly to people like me that aren't used to wearing jeans. Lastly I added a vintage leather clutch bag given to me from my mother, alongside some simple black wedges to complete the look. Below I've listed where you can get most of the items from and the price.

3. Short Necklace - Dorothy Perkins - £15
4. Vintage Clutch - Stolen from the Mother
6.  Usher Zip Wedges - New Look - £19.99
Total Clothing Cost - 95.99 
(not including student discount)

To find more looks that I love and keep up to date with my life check out my tumblr and instagram -